This year's parade is taking on new energy between the excitement of extending the festival and our partnership with the Christian County Shrine Club. With their help in organizing and promoting our annual parade, we are sure to have a fun-filled, candy throwing, great music, lots of fun parade.
We are looking for participants for the parade! Please see the information below with a link to sign up for this FREE parade for your business, organization, or group.
Friday May 20th
Parade starts at 6pm
Parade Line Up Starts at 4pm at Nixa Junior High
THEME: SUCKER DAYS!
The Nixa Sucker Day Parade Committee has established guidelines for this year’s parade which will take place Friday, May 20, at 6:00 p.m. Any participant who registers and signs the entry form agrees to these guidelines and is responsible to see that everyone included in their entry abides by them. Your safety and the need for an “on time” parade are important and the basis for these guidelines.
- To be considered for entry into the parade, the participation entry form must be received by parade organizers by the established deadline, May 19th, 2022
- All entries must be approved for size and content by the parade committee and must be fully described on the participation entry form.
- Final confirmation of parade participation and final instructions will be sent to the contact person at the designated e-mail address in the days just prior to the parade. Please make sure to notify us of any changes to e-mail address/contact person via the website.
- Roads used for the parade route and specified surrounding streets will be closed to ALL traffic one hour prior to the parade start time. Please inform everyone involved with your entry to be there early or to make adjustments for this.
- Parade entries, once staged by organizers, are final. Changes to line up will be made at the discretion of the organizers on parade day for purposes of improving parade pace, street conditions, safety of each parade unit, etc. Parade entries may NOT request specific line placement.
- Check-in time begins at 4:00 p.m. on day of parade. At the discretion of parade organizers, late entries (after 5:00 p.m.) may result in lack of participation in parade or placement at end of parade line.
- Judging of floats and cars will take place in the staging area between 5:30 p.m. and parade start time. Failure to have your entry in the assigned staging area and fully finished will result in ineligibility for recognition.
- Only parade participants are allowed in the staging area. Congestion in this area hinders our ability to stage and begin the parade on time. Please ask parents to leave children with designated adult supervisors and leave the staging area. An entry including minors MUST provide adult supervision in the staging area AT ALL TIMES.
- Horns and/or sirens will be allowed as long as they do not disrupt bands and musical floats. Please note the use of horns/sirens on your entry form so organizers can line you entry up accordingly.
- Recorded or live music on parade entries is acceptable and encouraged.
- Parade entries who are groups of walkers should have a banner to identify the name of the group/organization.
- Government officials are responsible for signage with their name (office optional).
- No inappropriate language or behavior will be tolerated.
- If you are planning to construct your own float, it must pass safely under traffic lights and overhead wires. The unit can be no taller than 13 feet AND to maneuver safely through the parade route, the unit should be no wider than a single car lane.
- Floats will be judged for Theme and Quality of Workmanship.